
When you place in the top three you get a certificate and cash award from the event sponsor. I got to walk on stage and take tons of photos. It was a pretty big deal. Heather (in the picture with me) finished 2nd in Interior Plant ID.
This is my team studying and waiting for the events to start.
A picture I couldn't resist taking :)
We also visited gorgeous gardens, and the Coca-Cola world in Atlanta. At the end of the Coke tour they had an entire tasting room dedicated to every product created by Coke. It was fun tasting latin american, asian, and european soft drinks. Sorry Mom about all the soda drinking- I brushed my teeth as soon as I got back to the hotel. Georgia reminded me a lot of Oregon. There were green trees and beautiful plants everywhere. The humidity was wasn't too bad either- I even got a sunburn on my face! I came home to 40 degree weather and snow on the ground. Drats.
This orchid was just growing underneath a palm tree in a giant celarium. Totally cool.
These were the latin american products- they were actually really good, one soda was banana flavored. Yum.
They also let you take all the coke you want before you leave, I only grabbed a few. . .
6 comments:
Good job at placing 3rd! That is awesome! I am so glad you got to experience something like that. The memories I have from all the softball trips I went on are some I will never forget. Can't wait to see you this month! Love you!
(This is Emily, by the way!)
Cat! Congrats- you're so awesome! I can't believe you got third! that's so great- smarty pants. I hope you spend your cash prize on something fun for yourself! Miss you! Asher and Ivy send their congrats as well, we'll try calling you guys soon.
How fun for you! Way to go!
I would be happy to make a header for you! Just let me know kind of what you're thinking you would like (i.e. colors, font, the title name, etc.) and I'll make up a few samples that you can choose from.
Catherine! Oh I am so proud of you- but didn't we beet BYU last year? :)- Anyway, you looked like you had a lot of fun. Cash prize huh??? FUN! Love you so much.
Yeah Cat! That'll teach those Georgians (and lots of others) to mess with the Clason girls! We are so proud of you! See you soon? Harrison is brushing his one chomper every night so it is sparklin' when you see him next!
Barry would be proud to hear that a Clason was drinking soda especially Coke! Way to go!
Post a Comment