Wednesday, April 29, 2009

National Champs Part 2

I have more postings about my trip coming soon- click here to be reminded. . .

Here are more pictures of the events down at Cal Poly Pomona. We spent all day Saturday running around campus watching all the events and enjoying the 80 degree weather. I finished with my events earlier that day and they were both indoors so I don't have any pictures of me in action, sorry.

In this picture we tried to pose for a picture in front of the campus entry sign but the cross walk had just given us the "white walking guy" symbol so we had to run for it. 



This is me relaxing in the shade while watching a competition right next to the track on campus. Check out the mountain peak in the distance. Cool right?



Some of the plant material on Pomona's campus was amazing. It probably isn't as special to the California people in my fam (Anne and Jord, John and T) but to me it was so awesome seeing all the plants that I've only seen growing in greenhouses growing outside! Check out the Bird of Paradise flowers that were as tall as me! I know that's not very tall but still. 


This is me in front of a neat building on campus, the school was HUGE. 



The picture below is at the awards ceremony. We are the only returning members from the team last year. We were excited to finish off our college careers with this big win for BYU-Idaho. We all graduated from BYU-I a week later (pics of those events coming soon, I promise). The trophy was really heavy, and awesome, and pretty. 




Me and my First Place finish. . . 


It was so amazing to be a part of such a huge national competition. I am getting a little sad thinking about how I probably won't ever have that opportunity again. Thanks to all those who supported me and wished me luck before I went. It worked.  

4 comments:

Jeff and aimie said...

Good Job cat!! That is really awesome!! Miss you guys... Wish we could live closer. You guys need to come and visit chicago.

Gotolson said...

Is that a Brendle? His parents are in my ward here in medford. Congrats on your success!
Tome

Michelle @ Twig said...

That's just so COOL. and wow what a trophy!

BECKY said...

Oh my holy trophy!!! CONGRATS CAT! That is SO great! Can't wait to see the pics of the BYUI Celeb!